Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Week 2 - January 10 2012

Time has been flying at the MTC now! The only way I can explain it is that the days are long but the weeks go by fast. Last Friday I even got to leave the MTC for half a day it was pretty weird being out again in the World, one of my companions back was really hurting so we went to the clinic here in the MTC and after a while they decided he needed an X-ray so Elder Jolley and I had to walk down the street to the BYU student clinic it was such a weird feeling walking down the road and everybody was saying hi to us! We had to go back twice that day! They think he might have an infection in his back so they gave him some pills that will hopefully clear it up.

I got my travel information last week too! I leave for Denver next Monday morning, so I have less than a week left here at the MTC. There are 14 missionaries who are going to be on the plane heading to Denver. My companion Elder Jolley is leaving for the Marshall islands next Tuesday, he's flying to Honolulu first and then has to spend the night there (probably in the terminal ha-ha) and then he's taking a plane to fly out to the Islands of Marshall. On his travel information it says he's leaving January 17th in the morning and getting to the Marshall Islands January 19th at night.

The hallway where my residence is has been pretty quiet the last couple of nights because all the Elders have left and we don't get new ones until Wednesday! It’s going to be so weird when I leave next week! But they chose my district to be hosts tomorrow! So I get to welcome the new missionaries and to show them where everything is at. And isn't Michael Kaupert coming in tomorrow? There is a good chance that he could be in my zone or that I could be his host that would be crazy!

The food is getting better too! the first week the food was pretty bad and I was getting sick of it, but lately is been better, The only good thing though is that I get to eat at the Temple today so I’m pretty excited for that, I also heard that my Mission President's wife is Pro at cooking.

Thanks for sending me the candy too! Don’t be too mad but I traded some of it a way for a new tie! I've become quite the Tie merchant since I’ve been here! I'm +3 with ties but I’ve been trading around and have inquired some pretty nice ones, Mom you would be proud if you saw your son in action. An elder who left yesterday to Singapore entered the MTC with 20 ties and left with almost 40! He's my hero so I'm going to be spending the next week trying to accomplish something like that! Tell Kezia that I really like the tie she gave me! I have gotten quite a few compliments about it.

My companionship is doing so well too! We really were unified in our teaching this week and had some amazing lessons. We taught an older man in T.R.C yesterday and the spirit was so strong when we left the room we just looked at each other and couldn't believe what had just happened. We also teach are teachers they play the role of a progressing investigator and we meet them every other day and try to prepare them for baptism. The last few times we have taught them our teachers have been blown away with our ability to recognize the spirit and how unified we are when we teach! I hope I can keep it like that out in the Field.

I started a study journal when I first got here. Which I feel with notes and whatever I learn during my personal study time! I have about 5 pages until its full! That is so much writing its 80 pages front and back! I don't think I’ve ever taken so many notes or have been so in depth with my Personal Study. I went and bought me a nice leather one for when I fill this one up! I also have my notes pretty organized with tabs so I know exactly where everything is at. One of the coolest things I found last week was a something that David O. McKay said about how everyone will have a personal priesthood interview with the Savior himself! And he even went to list the exact questions that Christ is going to ask and the order in which he will ask them! I’ll send you the quote next week!

But I’m glad to hear that you are all doing well! Dad better get a baptism before I do ;) and good luck with your reading! I love it! It’s one of my favorite things to do every day is to just open up the scriptures and to receive personal revelation. But the next email that you will receive from me will be from Denver!

-Elder Pedro

No comments:

Post a Comment