Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Elder Pedro Letter: Birthday and a New Mission

It was an eventful week over here in Colorado. I was pretty sick last week and I had to go to the doctor and I guess I have an ear infection. Tuesday we had a meeting with Just Serve which is the new service program. Zone Leaders have a position in the committee. Thursday was my birthday! and The sisters took me out to eat at a Mexican restaurant and then some members from the Denver North Ysa took me out to a Mongolian grill it was sweet! on Friday President Toombs had an emergency conference call with all the Zone Leaders and announced that they are SPLITTING THE MISSION! There will now be a Fort Collins mission. The Denver North mission is picking up 3 new stakes from the South mission. So we will now cover Parker and also Downtown! We have no idea who will be in which mission but President said he has known for awhile and has been putting missionaries where they need to be. I hope I stay in the Denver North mission! It takes effect on July 1st. Saturday we had a baptism it was a girl named Angelena and it was so spiritual. My companion got to baptize her and I confirmed her. The spirit was so strong it was awesome. She is so solid she has listened to almost every General conference address since 2008 in the last couple of weeks. Sunday morning we had a ward council training in the YSA ward and it was a blizzard when we got there they made the announcement that they were canceling church. We couldn't drive either so We just hung with other missionaries all day.

Elder Pedro

No comments:

Post a Comment