Monday, March 26, 2012

Challenges, Driving and "My Apache"


My second transfer is almost over. The time has gone by so quickly. This week was a hard one though. We had five appointments with investigators cancel on us and three members cancel dinner on us all within three days. One of our investigators won't talk to us, she told members that she is ignoring our calls on purpose. So all this has made the week pretty discouraging. But Yesterday we had a very good day. We spent two hours in primary and Elder Gnehm and I played ''Nephi's Courage'' for the children, I was on the guitar and singing and Elder Gnehm was on the morroca ( I have no idea how you spell that) They all sang along it was pretty cool. We also taught one of our investigators (the only one who would meet with us this week) and she has been keeping all her commitments and reading from the Book of Mormon. She always has some interesting questions for us each meeting, so we do our best to answer them. Elder Gnehm bore his testimony in Sacrament meeting yesterday and said how General Conference is like the Super Bowl for us missionaries, it is so true. I really can't wait for General Conference. You better watch all of it!

Elder Gnehm and I went on exchanges this last week and I got permission from president to drive, It was pretty weird because I haven't driven in such a long time. I was with a missionary named Elder Henson and we were doing service when I got a call that one of the members of the ward was being rushed to the hospital and they needed us to go give her a blessing. So we drove down there and gave the member a blessing it was a really great experience. The member is 82 years old, we try to visit her once a week and she loves it when we do. When we arrived at the hospital she said that ''I was her Apache.'' She told that to a lot of people at the hospital it was pretty funny.

We're hoping this week turns around for us. It's spring break here so a lot of members are out of town. I think some of our investigators are leaving as well. So we will probably end up doing a lot of service this next week. It was really hard to not be really discouraged this week but I was reminded again and again the words ''Fear not I am with thee, O be not dismayed, for I am thy God, and will still give thee aid, I'll strengthen thee help thee and cause thee to stand, upheld by my righteous omnipotent hand.'' This hymn always seems to play in my mind whenever things get hard.

-Elder Pedro

-Img_1045 - Sorry this is the only picture I have, blame my companion that it is so blurry! but this is us playing ''poision'' at the Hathaways

No comments:

Post a Comment